So this is kinda late, but I decided to update the blog on my health lately. For the past month or so after eating some foods I would really have stomach pain. Then, last weekend we went home for labor day and I got extremely sick and was having severe abdominal pain. We returned to Tucson on Monday and I made an appointment right away with my doctor on base for Wednesday. Wednesday I went in and was in severe pain again (after eating cherrios and milk). After pressing hard on my stomach the doctor determined that I either had an ulcer or gallstones. He gave me some antacids and scheduled an ultrasound for Monday to check for gallstones.
The next day, Thursday, I was still in a lot of pain. We decided to go to the ER where they took blood and ran tests and determined it was definitely an ulcer. They gave me some medication to take 4 times a day, before meals and before bedtime which coats the ulcer to protect it from stomach acids produced during eating and undiluted stomach acid in the middle of the night. This allows the ulcer to heal. I have been feeling 100% better the last few days, thank God. My mom also came back with us from California and stayed a week so she was here to help while I wasn't feeling well, which I am so thankful for.
Monday I started the CNA program. I like it so far. We have already learned how to change sheets while someone is in the bed (I didn't know that was possible), and how to transfer patients from a bed to a wheelchair, or wheelchair to walker, etc. Next week I start my first internship at a nursing home.
Next week is going to be busy! I have CNA class Monday & Tuesday, then Wednesday I have my first internship. Thursday morning I have an appointment with a GI specialist to get a consultation for a scope to see the extent of the ulcer's damage. Then Thursday after the appointment we are headed to California for Katie's (Jack's sis) wedding, Friday is the rehearsal dinner, Saturday the wedding (I am the maid of honor, Jack is the best man!) and Sunday we will head back to Tucson. Gonna be busy but fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment