Since we have been having some stormy/gloomy days lately (especially yesterday) I decided to make some chili for dinner. I had never made Chili before, and usually I'm not that big of a chili eater (unless its chili-cheese fries), so I had never had the motivation to attempt to make it before. Sirena made a chili recently that was very good and she told me she got the recipe from Better Homes and Gardens, so I went on their website and found a recipe that sounded like what she had told me what was in the chili she made. I altered a few things in the recipe like adding my own seasonings salsa, and changing the type of beans the recipe originally called for (I can never seem to follow a recipe to the exact "t", I always try to throw my own little touch in there). It turned out fabulous, so I thought I would share the recipe. I also was feeling creative and made banana pudding for dessert, which wasn't very creative or challenging. I just bought some of the instant vanilla pudding and chopped up a couple bananas and mixed them in, which turned out delish too! Anyway, here is the recipe (including my alterations):
Classic Chili
1lb ground beef
1 15ounce can tomato sauce
1 8 ounce can peeled diced tomatoes (undrained)
1 medium chopped white onion
4 cloves garlic (minced)
1 15 ounce can pinto beans(undrained)
1 chopped green chili
1/2 cup water
1/2 to 1 cup salsa (hotness at your preference)
Season with cayenne pepper powder, a tad of crushed red pepper, a tad of Ancho Chili Powder, Salt, and Pepper
*Brown together the ground beef with the chopped onion, green chili, and 3 cloves of garlic. Also season the ground beef how you would like. I used Lawry's seasoning salt, along with garlic powder, crushed red pepper, and a little of the chili powder above. Drain fat.
*Add sauce, tomatoes, beans, salsa and water. Stir together, add last clove of minced garlic. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
Thats it, super easy! Enjoy!
mmmm.....that sounds soooo good!
ReplyDelete