So the 6 month picture in this post is about a week and a half old, but it's the most recent one I have taken. I usually only take the belly pictures every 4 weeks. I
definitely feel like this last month I have REALLY grown. It's so funny to me because I was just looking back at my 6 week picture and I remember at that time feeling like I was already starting to show. PLEASE! There is no way I was looking pregnant at all yet. How big I am now though is how big I expected to be like at 9 months. So I have decided I don't need to grow anymore...if only I had a choice in the matter! I know there is plenty more growing and gaining in my near future. The last couple weeks is when the belly has just started to get in the way. Putting socks and shoes on is a little more difficult. And more recently, getting up off of a couch/bed, anything that you kind of sink down into while sitting takes a little extra effort to get up. It is very interesting learning how to manage. I do find it amazing though how my body has everything under control, and how it automatically knows what to do!
Today for the first time I experienced
Braxton Hicks contractions! Well, I actually had no idea it was happening, my friend
Sirena touched my belly and noticed it was extremely tight, then I touched it and noticed it too. I have noticed a few times before that randomly my belly would get tight, but it has never been uncomfortable or anything. She said, "I think you are having a
braxton hicks," and said she remembers having them with her second pregnancy. Sure enough, a couple minutes later I felt my belly again, and the tightness was gone. A little while later I noticed the tightening again, and it again went away. Neither time were the contractions uncomfortable though, the only way I knew I was having them was by feeling the tightness of my belly with my hand. I need to look into them more, didn't think they would occur this early.
My next
Drs appointment is the 25
th, and I will have my 1 hour glucose test to check for gestational diabetes. Not looking forward to that, and I am hoping it comes back great and no diabetes!
That's all for now!
You look great! I remember feeling so extremely huge early on too! lol, then I just kept growing and growing! Slip ons became my best friend during the last few months. Our bed is tall and I'd have to get on my tippy toes to get on and literally roll out to get out. Casey thought it was hilarious but it worked! Braxton hicks do sometimes come early. If they are irregular I wouldn't worry about it. I had them about a month before I went into labor and it was just like a cramp feeling, but I never noticed my tummy tightening. Are you guys all set for baby??
ReplyDelete