Sunday, March 18, 2012

John-5 Months!!!

Munchkin,

I know I say it every month, but I can't believe how fast you are growing! You are SO much fun and you keep us laughing all the time! This month has brought a lot of learning, growing, and changes for you.

You have now mastered rolling from your back to your stomach, so you are rolling your way all over the place and it has become pretty difficult to keep you in one spot! A lot of times in the morning or after a nap when I go to get you out of your crib you have flipped yourself over. You do get frustrated sometimes after you have made it onto your stomach and have stayed there for a minute because you try to crawl but can't quite yet. Very determined little boy! You just want to go, go, go!

You have started laughing and it is by far the most beautiful noise I have ever heard. You laugh hysterically at Zoe and it is the cutest thing ever! You are also so smiley.

We go to a Moms group and several ladies have commented what a good baby you are. At the last meeting you didn't cry or fuss the whole 2 hours. You were perfectly content in my arms. You tend to do great when we take you out in public. You enjoy the change of scenery!

You are wearing mostly 6 month clothes, and some 9 month. You are in size 2 diapers but about to move up to size 3.

Still sleeping from around 7-7:30pm to 6:30-7am. I am SO thankful for that! The napping is still several cat naps throughout the day.

This week we are going to try out rice cereal and maybe some baby food! You are at about 8 ounces of formula a feeding every 3 hours during the day. As well as a bottle of watered down juice a day.

No teeth poking through yet, but I think it will be very soon! We are in the EVERYTHING goes in the mouth stage and you have been drooling so so much. You also are biting everything. When it makes you uncomfortable, teething tablets seem to work well for you; you aren't really a fan of the baby orajel.

We have noticed lately that you seem to favor your right side. You usually grab things first with your right hand, and seem more coordinated with it. You also are better at rolling over to the right. So it will be interesting to see if it stays that way!

I didn't think it was possible, but I think you get cuter every day! It is so fun watching you learn and seeing your personality develop. We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment