Monday, July 5, 2010

4th of July Weekend!

Sorry all the pics are mixed up throughout the post, still getting used to this blogger! Story is below which will explain pics :-)





















The Ocean inside the Biosphere2







Whew, what a great weekend! But now I am so tired! Jack & I both had 4 day weekends which was great!

Thursday, the Application packets for the CNA/PCT program this fall came out. Since they opened at 8am, I got there a little early because they only hand out 100 packets and it is known to be a pretty competitive. So I walk up about 7:30, all proud of myself for actually being early, but there was already a line of about 20 people! I couldn't believe it. But the important thing was, I got a packet! There is a pretty long list of things I need to do to complete the application packet including getting a fingerprint clearance card, taking a CPR class and getting certified, getting caught up on my immunizations, etc. They said out of the 100 packets, the first 30 people in line with a completed packet on Aug. 23rd get into the program. This lady I met in line said she applied last semester but didn't get in and on the day set for people to turn in their completed packets, people stayed the night in line the night before in order to be sure they would get into the program. That kind of scares me, so prayers would be much appreciated that I am able to get into the program!

Friday, I spent most of the day running errands to start completing my checklist for my CNA packet. I went to the Police station to get fingerprinted then filled out the paperwork and mailed it off to the AZ Dept. of Public Safety so I should be receiving my Fingerprint clearance card in a few weeks. I also had to get a student ID, so I got that taken care of too. A couple things off the checklist! Tomorrow I am going to go to the Immunization clinic on base and get all the shots I need...yeah, not looking forward to that! I'm getting there slowly but surely! Friday night, our friends, the Finleys & Weaver came over. The boys worked out in the garage on the motor Jack is rebuilding and Sirena and I walked up to the park w/ the kids. She and I played volleyball, ran around the track and did situps. We had a fun time :-)

Saturday, Jacks brother, David came out from CA to visit. We ran a few errands, Jack & David worked in the Garage then in the evening we went over to Weaver's house to watch the UFC fight. It was a great fight!

Sunday, the 4th of July!!! I just love the 4th of July, it is seriously right up there with Christmas for me! I look forward to it every year. We BBQd w/ the Finley Family & Weaver Family then walked up to the park on base to watch the fireworks. It was a great show. Last year I made a flag cake and decided to make it again this year.

Today (Monday), we went to the Biosphere2! We have been wanting to go for a really long time and finally went to go check it out w/ the Finleys. It is basically this HUGE greenhouse (I think like over 3 acres) ran by the University of AZ where they have created different habitats inside such as a rainforest, ocean, and Savannah desert. The website is: http://www.b2science.org...which will probably explain it better than I can. Afterwards we all went to Chili's, we were exhausted though, this heat is getting pretty warm and really takes it out of you! We had a very nice time though, the rainforest was our favorite!


Inside the Biosphere2

At the Biosphere2
Flag Cake 2010
Watching Fireworks w/ the hubby :-)












No comments:

Post a Comment